Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Bakery? Say what?

Being a Toronto Maple Leafs fan is interesting to say the least. One key aspect to being a Leafs fan is thick skin. The amount of razzing I put up with on a daily basis is quite astonishing. With that being said, there is no better feeling then striking up a random conversation with another member of Leafs Nation.


Well today brought out another, well, interesting moment. Today's Leaf moment occurred in the bakery of a Sobeys. Yes, a bakery. As I was picking up a Leafs themed cake for a cousin, I was taken off guard by an older woman who did the icing for the cake. All she said was, "Here is your cake. Oh by the way, the Leafs suck," and then carried on with regular duties. All I could do is stare and wonder, why?



I can't say I was shocked, but I was definitely surprised. There is a never a dull moment being apart of Leafs Nation.

2 comments: