Monday, February 25, 2013

Indecision

With CreComm slowly coming to an end, finding a job has been on my mind more than ever. One problem: I don't know what I want to do. Let me rephrase that. I'm not sure which aspect of journalism I want to get into. I've done a lot of print work and I know it better than radio or television, but the job prospects aren't the greatest.

Then you have television which is very hit and miss for me. Some broadcast journalism classes I feel like I get it and everything clicks...then the following week is an absolute disaster. I love anchoring too, but that isn't something that I can make the jump to right out of CreComm. Still very open to a television career.

Finally, we have radio. I love radio. I co-hosted a fantasy sports show with Mr. Mark McAvoy last year and it was honestly one of my favourite things that I did in first year. And with my second work placement being TSN 1290, I hoping to get my foot into the radio side of journalism.

There's a month left of classes and a ton of jobs out there...now it's time to make a big decision and choose what's best for me. I'm starting to feel the pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment