Monday, November 19, 2012

Work placement

First semester of CreComm year two is coming to an end this Friday. As apart of the program, the second year students get to go on three weeks of work placement.

My work placement is at the Winnipeg Sun and I will be doing some sports writing. I am very excited as I've always wanted to get into sports journalism and this is a great way to get my foot in the door.

Looking back to last September, I didn't know what I was getting into when I entered CreComm.

I had just spend two years at the University of Winnipeg and to be honest, I didn't feel as if I was going anywhere. So, I decided to throw my name in for CreComm and I got accepted.

Since then, I've learned so much about journalism and if you told me 12 months ago that I'd be working with the Winnipeg Sun for three weeks, I would have laughed.

Now it feels like I have a career path and that I will be making a mark in this industry soon enough.

Coming to Red River College was the best decision I've made in my life and with a lot of hard work, it looks like it'll pay off.

I'm looking forward to the stretch run of CreComm.

No comments:

Post a Comment